February 12, 2013


Favorite Carnival moments



Carnivals are the best time of the year!! Everyone loves carnival!! That’s what people use to say, I would like to believe it but I just can’t, is not that I hate it, I just didn’t born with those “genes”. However, there were three things that I truly enjoyed these carnivals: 


1) To see how happy people was, is very nice to see how different people ,who don’t even know each other, are so cheerful, they sing, dance and make new friends. When I saw this, I thought about other cultures, was funny to think what would an Asian do if somebody suddenly dance to him/her one of those weird “reguetón” songs jajajaja, probably he/she would be as stunned as I was(True story).

2)Traditional music is great!, even when my favorite genre is Rock, I found traditional music very beautiful and creative. I think is amazing the way how these songs can transmit feelings and histories without lyrics.

3) The last and most important thing, the thing that I love the most about this carnival was TO SLEEP!! There’s no better feeling than go to bed without alarms or homework. Geez, I don’t care if there have to be one thousand carnivals in the year, or if I don´t know how to dance, or if I hate “reguetón”, who cares? If I can sleep all day long, for me is totally perfect. Certainly, the hours I sleep, were my favorite carnival moments :).







This is one of the very very very few pictures of me in carnival events; my mom took it 12 years ago, I guess you can figure out from my face that “gene” stuff…

3 comments:

  1. I definitely have to agree with everything you send. During my first carnival I went out with the best clothes i had with a couple of my friends, and unfortunately i came back home literally white, i had baby powder and foam all over my face clothes, I really didn't care because it was so much fun, but as an Arab we don't do that in our culture, anyway it was a great carnival hope you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ethel, how cute is your baby pic!! haha. And I totally agree with your three things about the carnivals, instead of that I really love them and I was born with those "genes" but what you say is interesting, is awesome looking around in carnivals and look all that people that came from all around the world, that's how we know that our carnival is recognized internationally; and also the traditional music full of feeling that just makes me dance, but definitely the best part: SLEEP TIME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ethelcilla :) I Couldn't be more agree with you. I don't have that "gene" of carnival spirit either, But I have to say I enjoyed a few moments like Joselito's berried! That's was hillarious! Eitherway the sleep was really important too in the holidays, no homework, it was really good :)
    See you my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete